For me Mondays can be either hit or miss, good or bad, yeigh or neigh.
Why? Let me explain
I think its always good to start with the bad:
- I’m still in weekend mode and hit the snooze button way too many times at end up running seriously late;
- I walk around in a zombie like trance until late afternoon trying to recover from Saturday nights festivities;
- It’s the day that I am most likely to break some expensive equipment in the lab;
- It always dawns on me that I have a shocking amount of work to get through.
On Monday’s like these all I want is a duvet day. In fact on Mondays like these I wish that some revolution would occur to make Tuesday the start of the week.
Longer weekend = BLISS!
Now with the good:
- Mondays set the tone for the week ahead;
- They are great to start a new fitness regime and nutritional plan;
- They are a great day to start over…new start, new beginnings.
This particular Monday started off perfectly with a fab but simple breakfast.
Delicious-ness in a bowl! 😀
This Monday whilst taking a break I found that nature was in a giving mood.
This guy was actually very prickly. I went through some minor pain to get this pic!
I have no idea what to do with them. Any ideas?
Lunch was also good as I ate the leftovers of the Spiced Tortilla Chips and Red Pepper and Bean Dip that I made yesterday.
Healthy and amazingly simple to make:
Cut the tortillas into tortilla chip like shapes and spread evenly on a non-stick baking tray.
Ok so I got a little carried away with the cutting…
Spray with a low cal olive oil spray and sprinkle with paprika, chilli flakes and a pinch of salt. Bake for 20 minutes at gas mark 4.
For the dip, simply mixed together half a clove of garlic, roasted red peppers and green beans and a spoonful of TOTAL 0% Greek Yoghurt…
Quite a good start to the week! 😀
Don’t forget to check out my great Rude Health Giveaway!!!
What do you like or hate about Mondays? Do you have any great recipe ideas for chestnuts?